Sunday, May 6, 2012

Rainbow Tie Dye

I love weekends. Honestly.

I know you're asking yourself "who doesn't??" - but I truly love them. Of course I never get enough rest during the weekend because I'm always finding stuff to do. Except today. I slept for almost 4 hours. I honestly must have needed it but I felt like my afternoon was wasted.

Yesterday, however, was not wasted.

I spent the day with my friend Jackie in San Marcos shopping at the outlets malls.
We found great deals at the Williams Sonoma outlet and cute stuff at Crate & Barrel. Lots of new stuff to add to my baking collection. Exciting!!! I even found some cute leopard print cupcake cups - my favorite brand - Cupcake Creations. These are awesome because you don't have to use a pan for the cups - just put them directly on a cookie sheet and bake!
I found these adorable plates at Pottery Barn on clearance for Thanksgiving. Cute melamine plates for the kids! Yay!!

A few weeks ago I had a genius moment after spending an afternoon on Pinterest. I wanted to make rainbow cupcakes. I have seen cupcakes and cakes and cakes in a mason jar - all rainbow. And I thought why not?? We had a church picnic today so I thought they would be cute to take to the picnic.
I used white cake mix.
And gel food colors.
A lot of work but they were SO worth it. The box says it makes 24 cupcakes but I ended up using 2 boxes to make 24 cupcakes. My cupcakes had "muffin tops" but I think that's OK. More cupcake and it made sure all of the colors were in them. So because they are SO simple I will just post a lot of pictures!

I wanted these to be Rainbow Cupcakes but Preston renamed them Rainbow Tie-Dye Cupcakes. I'm cool with that. I made my basic white buttercream and it was perfect.
Look at those gorgeous colors! Thank you Americolor!! Their colors are awesome.
Delicious!!

Hugs & kisses....




No comments:

Post a Comment