Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Blog withdrawal...


So I feel like a horrible person. Sigh. I haven't blogged in WAY too long. How is it that life really gets in the way sometimes??? I mean seriously.

I'm super swamped at work. I feel even more swamped at home. Life is just overwhelming.

So when life gets overwhelming what is a girl to do???

Bake.

Amen!!

So here is a recap (including some pictures) of the last week or so.....

After finally recovering from the dreaded pink eye I went back to work. Apparently Shiner was NOT happy about this and took it upon himself to.......

...chew up make FAVORITE new shoes. That I had worn once. Yeah. I was mad. And he knew it. Preston said "buy another pair" but of course when I got online it read "Not available in Size 9". Sadness. Panic. Frustration.

Even after checking with the local store - NONE. While we were out shopping on Saturday we found another store....SCORE!! They actually had 2 pair in my size. Thank you Shoe Fairy.

After my visit from the Shoe Fairy we decided we were hungry. Well, I was hungry. Ha.

We picked Brio Tuscan Grille

Because we were celebrating Preston's birthday I wasn't "vegan" for the day.  We started with the "Calamari Fritto Misto". Not only the did it have calamari but peperoncini as well. It came with marinara sauce and horseradish sauce. YUM!!

So even though I decided to go not vegan I didn't want to eat just whatever. I wanted a salad - every one that passed by looked crisp and fresh. So I decided on the the Pranzo Flatbread and Insalata. 

I have a confession. I am a sucker for wedge salads. I'm not sure why a big piece of iceburg lettuce makes me SO happy - but it does. So I chose the Bistecca Insalata - a wedge of lettuce, Gorgonzola, bacon, Roma tomatoes and creamy Parmesan dressing. When they brought it there was a huge knife wedged in it. Awesome.


For my flatbread I chose the Margherita Flatbread. I LOVE fresh Mozzarella. Cheese has been the only thing that I really miss since going vegan so I thought I would enjoy it! Mmmmm.....fresh Mozzarella, vine-ripened tomatoes and fresh basil.....

 Doesn't look like a Margherita Flatbread does it??

Nope. It was Sausage, Pepperoni & Ricotta flatbread. UGH. I know it looks delicious but it was not what I wanted. I would have sent it back but I was already bordering of full from the calamari so I cleaned the salad side of the plate (I probably would have licked the plate - it was that good) and took the flatbread home. (Preston's lunch on Monday!)

We had a great weekend celebrating Preston's birthday. He has been wanting exotic western boots for a while so I helped him get these.

I love that man. Truly. Madly. Deeply. The last few weeks have been rough at times and overwhelmingly stressful but I have had Preston by my side and he keeps me going. I can honestly say he was surprised which made me SO happy.

More blogging to come!!

Hugs & kisses....

No comments:

Post a Comment