Friday, March 2, 2012

Eating in Fort Worth - Blue Mesa

Eating in Fort Worth. I think I'm loving it more. 

Today was "go home" day (YAY) but it was also our department's "Annual Statement Lunch". I usually miss the lunch because I'm in San Antonio but Shannon planned it this year so I could be there. Thanks Boss!! 

Today's lunch was at Blue Mesa Grill

I LOVED it. Not just the food either! The company was awesome too. I don't get to spend a lot of time with my Fort Worth coworkers so it was fun to laugh and talk through lunch.

I started with iced tea - seemed simple enough but nope. Theirs is Passion Fruit tea and it was yummy! Then we munched on some chips with salsa. They had both white corn and blue corn tortilla chips AND sweet potato chips. Awesome. 

They also served two different salsas. One was their basic salsa and then a roasted version of the same. Both were HOT but good! There was quite a debate about which one was hotter - we just ate more chips with salsa but never really came to decision.

I wanted to order something healthy but also something that wouldn't cause my blood sugar to spike super high while driving 4 1/2 hours home. I ordered the Red Chile Crusted Salmon - "pan seared fresh salmon filet with a mild chile crust, lime butter sauce and mango relish. Served with ginger rice and grilled asparagus." Feast your eyes on this delicious goodness!!

Yes, it was as amazingly delicious as it looks in the picture.

I also saw Street Tacos, the Navajo Chicken Salad, Smoked Chicken Enchiladas and the Blue Mesa Churrascaritas. The Churrascaritas were served with these super thick, doughy looking tortillas but after reading the menu I discovered these were actually their Mesa Panna Bread. Everything was very colorful and I think almost everyone enjoyed their food.

After my two little food adventures in Cow Town this week I have decided to try and find at least one place that is "native" to the DFW area when I visit and blog about it. I honestly don't really leave the Fort Worth area but who knows how adventurous I might get!

So now I'm back home and hopefully this week will bring more cooking. I might possibly be making some BIG changes to my diet in the next week so I will keep everyone posted.

Hugs & kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment