Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I made it through the first day!! And the second! Yes!!

I know, it's silly. I was so proud of myself that I called my sister and told her I was still alive. Ha.

My energy level is good today and I feel great!

I started my day yesterday (and today) with my Baked Oatmeal (see my previous post), had a super yummy wrap both days for lunch and Lentil Chili for dinner. I ate some strawberries and frozen grapes for "dessert" last night and, although a delectable Cadbury Egg was screaming my name, I persevered and remained true to my cause. I checked the scale this morning too - I will share those results on Friday.

Oh, and I miss cheese. I heart cheese.

Onward I forge though....

Today I was going to take a beautiful picture of my wrap but I was so hungry I forgot. Epic fail. So here is a picture of the last few bites.

You can find the recipe for this here: Florida Avocado Summer Wrap. I used regular avocados and I'm pretty sure today's hummus was Sabra's Sun Dried Tomato Hummus. I also used a red onion instead of a sweet onion - glorious!! I marinated my onions and tomatoes in the vinegar and lime. They were perfect. Next time I make it I promise to take "preparation" pictures.

Last night I made Vegan Lentil Chili with Roasted Red Peppers, Olives and Green Onions. Another YUMMY recipe and again - no pictures. But it absolutely made enough for me to eat for the next few nights so here is a picture of it ready to serve.



The main change I made was I added garlic powder because I, the genius, forgot to buy garlic at the store. How could I, the woman who always triples or quadruples the amount of garlic forget the garlic. I mean I sometimes buy it just because I think I might not have enough which usually means I have a TON. But nope. One small clove. Disappointment.  Either scenario is possible. I also couldn't find red lentils so I just used extra green lentils as she suggests. I honestly thought this was SO good.

I would like to find a low-sodium chili powder. I swear I had one but I either used it all or I just imagined it.

So tomorrow is another wrap - which I will take pictures of and share.

Hugs &  kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment