Tuesday, March 27, 2012

SO Delicious coconut milk products! YUM!!!

Last week was great. Once the detox was over I felt wonderful.

Then Monday came. And it wasn't enough that the weekend was over, no, it had to bring friends.

Pink eye.

And an upper respiratory infection.

So last week when I was giving Preston a hard time about being toxic. Yeah. I take that back.

I went to work yesterday feeling a little "crusty" and congested but knew I would be OK. By the time I left work my eye was starting to swell and it was nasty and red. By the time Preston got home it was almost completely swollen shut. Sigh.

I wore dark glasses when Preston took me to the Urgent Care. Very Audrey Hepburn. Complete with the black dress. Ha.

Eye drops. Z pack. Worked from home today. I ventured out to Wal Mart this morning for laundry soap and allergy medicine. I wore sunglasses. Yup. I have a feeling it will be another day at home tomorrow.

So, on to happier things.

I have a few new things in my refrigerator this week. I have been trying the SO Delicious dairy free products since last week. Overall I'm impressed.

First, the creamer. I started using the milk in my coffee at the beginning of last week but then I discovered the creamer. YUM. Creamy. Delicious. The serving size is 1 tablespoon which contains 10 calories, no fat and 1 gram of sugar. I saw on their websites that there are flavored varieties as well. On the hunt....
 
Next, the coconut milk. I liked it. Not sure I want to drink it straight but it was sweet and creamy. Might be yummy over cereal. Each serving has 80 calories, 6 grams of sugar and 1 gram of protein. There is also an unsweetened option as well as sugar free. Again, I'm still looking for these.
And the yogurt. The greek style. Y U M. Thick and creamy, lots of flavor. I had it for breakfast one morning, just like my normal greek yogurt, with added Grape Nuts cereal. Added some strawberries and it was awesome. They make regular yogurt too but I haven't found it yet. Still looking. The container had 140 calories, 27 carbs and 12 grams of sugar. Typical yogurt. It was not fat free.
And finally, the ice cream.
It was awesome! Very creamy, good flavor, little pieces of hard chocolate and lumps of cookie dough. And it was gluten free. The serving size was 1/2 cup and it was rich and filling. A serving contains 180 calories and 15 grams of sugar.

I'm excited about trying these products!

I'm excited because I have options.

Now I need to heal. Friday is Preston's birthday. Carrot cake cupcakes on the menu. Stay tuned.

Hugs & kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment